James Marszalek returned from hundreds of combat missions in Iraq with a desire to feed his entrepreneurial spirit in a way the military couldn’t. He turned to real estate, and focused on the niche class of buyer he knew well: active duty military and veterans. He launched Operation Red Dot, focused on the Tacoma, Washington market, and grossed $65M in sales. He’s now launching a hedge fund—the Red Dot Income Fund—a rent-to-own product for military veterans. He and Lance talk about how he uncovered this unique opportunity, his focus on Class A properties, the wild supply and demand challenges involved, including the flood that’s coming when the Foreclosure and Eviction bans lift.
This Week’s Guest
” I’m a Passionate Entrepreneur and Lean Thinker. Focused on Growth, Pro-activity, Team, Empathy, Innovation, Value, and Freedom. Trained by the US Army in Combat Tactics, Preparation, Accountability, and Psychological Operations. In love with the process of building businesses, and currently building my first Idea Meritocracy Organization. I value people with principles and character. I believe in being radically open-minded. I’m always learning, always networking, always brainstorming.
– Passionate about giving back to the Veteran Community.
– Passionate about inspiring others to put good into the world.
– Passionate about showing people the path to financial independence.
– Passionate about spreading and scaling ideas and businesses across the country.
– Passionate about surrounding myself with higher level thinkers.”